What is Kids Court?
Spokane County Kids Court is an awareness and court education program to help child victims/witnesses and their families prepare for the court process.
Participants will have the opportunity to learn about the court process through informational and interactive sessions.
- All child victim/witnesses, including those seen at the CAC are eligible to participate in Kids Court.
- Spokane County Kids Court is coordinated by Partners staff and the Spokane County Prosecutors office.
- Your Child Legal Advocate may be present to help assist you through the Kids Court process.
What To Expect When You're There:
Expect to participate in Kids Court for approximately 2 hours
- Children’s Session
- Your child will learn about court staff and the work they do.
- Your child will have the chance to role play and practice being in the witness stand.
- Will have the opportunity to have their questions asked and answered.
- Will learn that they are not alone in this process.
- Parent’s Session
- Parents will learn ways to support their child/teen.
- Have the opportunity to have their questions asked and answered.
- Parents will receive general information about the court process, but not case specific information.
- There may be an opportunity for your child/teen to meet a judge, who will explain some of the court procedures